Braised Chicken with Caramelized Balsamic-Brown Sugar Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter with 1 teaspoon of the Liquid Smoke.
- Saute shallots until golden, then add garlic.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then brown chicken about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Add garlic and one cup of water to skillet and boil, stirring, one minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and arrange skin sides up.
- Gently simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and garlic is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet; add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and remaining one teaspoon of Liquid Smoke.
- Boil, uncovered, until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan and allow sauce to vinegar-sugar mixture to caramelize a bit on the chicken, about 10 more minutes.
- Season to tast with salt and pepper and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!