Braised Chicken With Artichoke
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- In heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat, brown chicken and transfer it to a plate.
- In fat remaining in skillet, cook onion and garlic over moderate heat until onion is slightly softened.
- Add mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. Cook mixture over moderate heat.
- Add wine, broth, artichoke hearts and chicken.
- Bring liquid to a boil and simmer mixture, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to platter and keep it warm.
- Whisk beurre manié into mushroom, salt and pepper mixture and simmer the sauce, whisking, 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in parsley and pour the sauce over the chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I ran into some difficulty trying to double this recipe so I'd have leftovers. I think somehow the combination of too much broth or not enough meat led to the meat not having as much flavor as we expected. Still, my wife and I both agreed when served over angel hair pasta as a stew/soup-like dish with the chicken chopped, it was quite tasty.