Braised Celery with Goat's Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 head celery, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons single cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a medium sized shallow oven proof dish.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the celery for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 3-4 T of water to the pan, heat gently and then cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 5-6 minutes until the celery is nearly tender and the water has almost evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the goat's cheese and cream.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, and then turn into the oven dish.
- Cover the dish with buttered greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve at once.
Join The Conversation