Brad's Mom's Breakfast Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is Brad Pitt's Mom's recipe and is supposedly one of his favorite dishes. This needs to be made the night before and refrigerated overnight, which means you can't exactly whip this up if Brad drops in unexpectedly!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed bread, crusts
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown sausage in a medium skillet over low heat.
- Drain grease and set aside to cool.
- Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl; add milk, mustard and salt and blend well.
- Stir in bread crusts, add sausage and cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow, 2-qt glass baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350° and bake casserole for 40-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for a brunch I catered today and it was a big hit! Everyone thought it was tasty. I used wheat bread and added a little bit of chopped onion. This was simple to make as I prepared it the night before and all I had to do was pop it in the oven the day of the event. People said it was good fresh from the oven, and also just as tasty later on when it cooled to room temp. I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting!Reply
This is the same recipe I've been using for years. DH really likes this. So easy for lazy breakfast as everything is made the day before. I have made this without refrigerating overnight and it is fine. You can also add whatever you might like (mushrooms, green peppers, onion, etc.), but we love to keep it plain. Great recipe!Reply
see 6 more