Bowtie Pasta and Peas With Bacon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great quick meal. Can use frozen peas or fresh peas.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 pinches salt for the pasta water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of pasta water
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cajun seasoning or creole seasoning, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 (15 ounce) can lasueur early peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the bacon and chop; set aside.
- In a large pot add two big pinches of salt to boiling water for pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta.
- When pasta is just about ready, in the pan you cooked bacon in add oil and heat over medium heat, sauté the onion until soft, but not browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in one cup of the pasta water and the parsley, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and half and half; bring to a boil.
- Add the peas, reduce heat and simmer just until the peas are warmed through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add pasta and toss together, top with bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Add the remaining pasta water only as needed for moisture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION