Bow Ties with Asian Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ornge juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup vegetable broth or 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 small red bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 can whole baby corn, drained
- fresh ground pepper
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Stir the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, orange juice and mustard in a shallow dish.
- Add the chicken and toss until all of the pieces are coated.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Cook chicken and marinade over medium heat until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the chicken broth, vegeatable broth or white wine.
- Prepare pasta until tender, but not soft.
- Drain and then Return the pasta to the pot, add the chicken, the red peppers and the scallions, onion and baby corn.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through.
- Toss the pasta once or twice and sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve and sprinkle with sesame seeds if you choose.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Winnipeg - "Winterpeg" - Manitoba. I am a 24 year old married Mom of three girls, who right now are 7, 4 and 3. Their names are Cheyenne, Zoe and Freedom. Cooking to me is not only a hobby, its a passion. Its relaxing and yeilds great results!!!