Bow Tie Pasta With Pesto, Feta & Cherry Tomatoes
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (Farfalle)
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, as needed
Pesto (use 3/4 cup)
- 2 bunches basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- For the pesto, place all ingredients with ½ cup of the oil in a blender and blend.
- Gradually drizzle in the remaining ¼ cup of oil until pesto is thick and smooth.
- This will make about 1 1/2 cups pesto.
- For the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Stir in the bow ties and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and run it under cold water just until it stops steaming.
- Bounce the pasta around to get rid of as much water as you can.
- Dump the pasta into a large serving bowl.
- Stir in the pesto until the pasta is coated.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes and the crumbled feta.
- Taste the salad and season it as you like with salt and pepper.
- You can make the salad up to about 1 hour before you serve it.
- If the salad looks a little dry, add some olive oil prior to serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!