Boursin, Tomato and Cucumber Nibbles
These are little bites of cucumber, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. They are quick to prepare, but for a different presentation, you could cut rounds of cucumber and pile the cheese/basil/tomato on top. The amount of nibbles depends on the size of the cucumber, so ingredient amounts are a guide. You don't have to use Boursin, which is a soft French cheese, you can use cream cheese and in fact, the Recipezaar system wouldn't let me type in 'Boursin'. Recipe comes from my blog.
- Ready In:
- 1 small cucumber
- 100 g cream cheese with herbs
- 20 -25 fresh basil leaves
- 20 -25 sun blushed sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 20 -25 semi dried tomatoes
- Cut the cucumber in half length-ways and slice a little off the bottom to make it sit flat on the plate. Note: you can peel the cucumber if you prefer or if the skin is tough - it's easier to do this before slicing in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Fill the hollow of the cucumber with the Boursin or cream cheese, smooth top with a knife.
- Cut the cucumber into bite sized pieces and top each one with a basil leaf and a tomato. Secure with a cocktail stick.
- Drizzle with some of the olive oil from the tomatoes.
- Chill until ready to serve.