Bourekakia Sokolatas - Chocolate Baklava Cigar
- Ready In:
- 140 g dark chocolate, melted (53% cocoa solids)
- 100 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 100 g slivered almonds
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry
- 100 g butter, melted and cooled
- Combine chocolate, walnuts and almonds in a bowl and stand for 45 minutes or until mixture is firm.
- Divide into 3 even pieces and roll each piece into a 12cm long cylinder.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo pastry on a work surface, brush with butter and top with another sheet of phyllo, then cut lengthways into 3 pieces.
- Lay a chocolate cylinder across short end of a pastry sheet, roll, tucking ends in, and brush edge with butter to seal.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and chocolate cylinders.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cigars on a baking paper-lined oven tray and bake for 5-6 minutes or until pale golden, then cut each in half diagonally.
- To serve, place a scoop of ice-cream on each dish of set tzatziki and serve with a cigar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!