Bourbon Turkey Gravy
- Ready In:
- 6 cups turkey broth or 6 cups canned chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Pour roasting pan drippings in measuring cup and allow to separate.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the fat.
- Discard remaining fat and add drippings to turkey stock.
- Heat reserved fat in roasting pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, shallot, rosemary, and bay leaf.
- Cook and stir until shallot is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Make a paste with butter and flour in a small bowl and reserve.
- Add broth to roasting pan and scrape up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Slowly whisk in flour mixture, continuing to boil, until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in one capful of good bourbon just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!