Bourbon Pecan Pie
This pie is really yummy and naughty. But perhaps one only for adults? Make one without the bourbon for the kids, or treat them all to ice cream instead.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup muscovado sugar or 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon Bourbon (amount to taste)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 50 -60 pecan halves (to top pie)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (refrigerated ready-to-bake or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blind bake the crust: allow pie crust to reach room temperature.
- Line 9" pie pan with crust; fold excess dough over around edges and flute.
- Prick crust bottom & sides with a fork and chill pie crust for 30 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment and fill with pie weights (or dry beans) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing filling. Remove pie weights and parchment.
- Prepare the filling: beat eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- Add the sugars, molasses, bourbon, corn syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the crust; arrange pecan halves in concentric circles on top of the filling.
- To bake, place onto a baking sheet, gently set a crust protector onto the exposed crust, and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350F until a knife inserted halfway between the crust & center comes out clean.
- Cool on a trivet or wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very tasty. I have never had pecan pie before, so I didn't know to expect it to be very sweet. My husband (who is from the south) said it was like when he was a kid :) I really loved the aroma when it was baking. I baked it for about 10 more minutes than listed, and it was still a little runny, so next time I will bake longer. It could be b/c I added the full 2TBSP of bourbon ;)Reply