Bourbon Pecan Creme Brulee
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
According to my wife, one of the top 5 creme brulees that I've ever made!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 45mins
- 9 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, for topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Heat the cream to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming.
- Meanwhile fork together the egg yolks and sugar, taking care not to incorporate any air into the mix.
- When cream is hot, remove from heat and add vanilla and bourbon.
- Slowly pour cream into eggs, mixing with fork, being careful not to incorporate any air into the mix. You have to pour slowly, otherwise the hot cream will cook the egg.
- Divide custard between 6 ramekins and place in a baking dish. Add water to the baking dish so that it comes up the sides of the ramekins to the level of the custard inside. Take care not to splash any water into the ramekins.
- Carefully place baking dish in the oven (don't splash water into the ramekins) and bake about half an hour. Custard is done when it is set but still jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and take the ramekins out of the water bath. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least a couple hours, and up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, cover each custard with about 2 tsp of brown sugar and caramelize with a torch (or you can use the broiler in your oven, but be careful, the line between caramelized and burned is a fine line). Top with toasted pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION