MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Use these little bags of seasonings in stews, soups and bean dishes. Use home-prepared dried garlic, if possible.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried savory (if only summer savory is available, use a heaping 1 T)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 6 bay leaves, broken in thirds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried garlic flakes or 6 cloves home dried garlic (better, but not everyone has a dehydrator)
- Cut six double layers of cheesecloth in 6-inch squares.
- Cut six 5-inch pieces of string.
- Place basil, oregano, rosemary, savory, thyme, tarragon, celery seeds, if using, and garlic flakes in small bowl.
- Toss together until well combined.
- Place 1 bay leaf (3 pieces) in the center of each cheesecloth square.
- Divide the herb mixture evenly among each bundle.
- Bring edges of one piece of cheesecloth together in center.
- Tie securey with one piece of string.
- Repeat with remaining bundles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is something that I use alot in our Indian cooking! I use it to make a chickpea main course meal. It is SPLENDID! I generally dont use celery seeds because I never got that in Oman. Savory and tarragon leaves make for interesting additions that I will have to try the next time I make that meal! This is one recipe you do not want to miss:)1Reply