Boudin Grilled Cheese Sandwich
photo by Food Sorceress
- Ready In:
- 1 boudin sausage, skin pulled off
- 2 slices white bread, any brand will do
- margarine, Butter, I use Smart Balance
- 1 -2 slice of kraft American cheese
- Take one link of boudin sausage and peel the skin off. Cut it into about 1 inch pieces and put in bowl or other vessel.
- Microwave for about 1 1/2 minute.
- Heat skillet on low medium, I use non stick skillet.
- Butter one side of piece of bread lay in heated skillet buttered side down, top it with boudin link you heated in microwave.Take the inch pieces one at a time and place on the piece of bread in skillet ,press Boudin around with a fork until it fits on the piece of bread. Be careful to keep the boudin in the center working outwards not falling off the edge.
- Top boudin with a slice of kraft cheese.If you really like it cheesy use 2 but one is just right for me.
- Then add the other piece of bread that you have buttered, put the buttered side top up, just like making a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Keep flipping with spatula until desired brown color is reached. I smash it down a little with patula each time I flip.
- Cut in half and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a self made cook. I feel cooking from scratch has its merits and rewards and worth every ounce of energy put into it. I like all kinds of food and cooking is actually very relaxing and I get much satisfaction out of creating new dishes as well as old ones. All my friends and family love to eat and I like to cook. My motto is FRESH! and from Scratch! Aside from cooking. I enjoy flower and vegetable gardening. I am passionate about fishing and cooking the catch! I dabble in photography and graphics arts. My camera is always with me when I travel. I like seeing new places and experiencing the people and adventures of different places on Earth. I like finding great restaurants to eat at that serve fresh wonderful food.