Boneless Breast of Chicken Saltimbocca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup clarified butter
- 12 slices prosciutto ham, thin
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, in 6 slices each also cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Dip chicken in flour; brown in butter.
- Arrange in a butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Top each with 1 slice prosciutto ham and 1/2 slice cheese.
- Cook shallots and garlic until soft; add mushrooms, wine, broth and herbs.
- Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir into hot mixture 1 T flour and a small amount of sherry.
- Stir in remaining sherry and cream; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 20 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Chicken Saltimbocca is awesome. But Chicken Saltimbocca with a creamy mushroom sauce? Even better! I added 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the flour before dredging the chicken. I also used mozzarella cheese instead of monterey jack. I wasn't sure how to serve this, but I thought pasta would be a good option to soak up some of the delicious sauce. I served the chicken over hot buttered spaghetti and fresh chopped parsley on top. This would also be good served over garlic mashed potatoes. Fantastic dish and great way to impress guests!