Bone Marrow Mash
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 6 center-cut beef bones with marrow, about 3-inches long
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, skin on
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the bones, cut-side up, onto a baking sheet and cook the marrow until soft and slightly separating from the bone, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil salted water for potatoes and let them cook until soft, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the marrow bones and keep aside. Drain the potatoes and add the melted butter and cream. Mash until smooth. Using a spoon, scoop out the marrow with the juices and add to the mash. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.