- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1 cup converted rice
- 6 ounces dried mixed fruit, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove excess fat from chicken and season with salt.
- Combine rice, fruit, onion, 2 teaspoons of curry powder, sugar and water.
- Spread in bottom of 12x8 pan.
- Arrange chicken over rice/fruit mixture.
- Combine meled butter, 2 teaspoons curry and paprika.
- Brush mixture on chicken.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!