photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 2 leaves sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (650 ml) jar tomato sauce
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box whole grain spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Add pasta in a large pot with salty boiling water and cook according to instruction.
- In a large skillet over medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary and sage; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add meats and cook until brown; season with pepper and garlic salt. Add red wine and reduce liquid/fat until almost gone. Add sauce and season with oregano, Italian seasoning, chili flakes and more pepper.
- Simmer sauce on low heat for 20 minutes. Toss cooked pasta; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.