Bok Choy Dumplings
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb bok choy
- 3 ounces firm tofu
- 1 egg white
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Steam the bok choy until wilted. After it cools, drain it and finely chop it. Make sure there is no excess liquid. Place bok choy in a medium sized bowl.
- Puree tofu and egg whites in a food processor. Add this mixture to the bok choy.
- Add scallions to bok choy mixture.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the wonton wrappers, in a small bowl. Add this to the bok choy mixture and mix well.
- To form the dumplings: Put about 2 teaspoons of the bok choy mixture into the center of a wonton wrapper. Pull sides of dough up and pinch them together at three or four points, leaving the middle of the filling exposed at the top.
- Steam the dumpling over boiling water for about 4 minutes or until they look cooked through.
- When eating, you can dip these in a little soy sauce or other asian sauces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm new to this site but am enjoying browsing around. I'm looking for great tasting healthy recipes and new ideas on how to cook my vegetables.