Boiling Water Pie Dough-Very Easy!!
- Ready In:
- Put the shortening in a medium bowl and pour the boiling water over it.
- Whisk for about 1 minute,until smooth and creamy and about the consistency of sour cream.
- Add the flour and salt and stir with a fork until you have a ragged looking dough that barely holds together.
- Scrape onto a floured surface and push and pat into a round disk 3-4 inches across.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.(This is a soft dough and is easier to roll out when it is chilled).
- Sprinkle your work surface and the top of the dough, generously with flour, and roll out the dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick and about 12 inches across.
- Transfer to a 9 inch pie pan, then trim and flute the edges.
- The pie shell is now ready to be filled or baked first and then filled, depending on the recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is great! I have used the exact recipe for many years, even winning ribbons in the county fair using this recipe! Lost my tattered recipe card for it and was so happy to find it here. Makes a beautiful flaky crust that goes well with any filling. Even the fair judge was surprised to find out it was made using boiling water.