Boiling Water Chocolate Cupcakes
photo by patlusink
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350. Line muffin tins, or spray with Pam.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. Batter will be thin, but it's ok.
- Fill cupcakes no more than 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Alternates: Grease and flour pans. 9x13 pan, 35-40 minutes. 12-cup Bundt cake, 50-55 minutes. 2-9" round, 30-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love this! Initially, there weren’t any stars rating this recipe, but I took a gamble and gave it a shot. The taste is delicious, and the texture is perfect! I’m new to baking, and I was a bit worried because the batter was very thin. But the cupcakes came out of the oven way better than I expected.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY