MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My husband and I have regular competitions to see who can come up with the worst puns. I won this week. This is a basic but delicious polish sausage (or sausage of your preference) with sauer kraut wrapped up in a grilled tortilla.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup sauer sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 Polish sausage, butterflied lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- In a small skillet over medium heat, mix the first 5 ingredients. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Browning's good, just be careful not to burn, so you may have to lower the heat toward the end.
- While that's cooking, place the butterflied sausages in another skillet over medium heat, cut side down, and cook until very deep brown. Flip and brown the other side of the sausages; probably about 10 minutes total. (Times are approximate).
- When the above two items are nearly done, grill the tortillas over the direct flame of your stove's gas burner, flipping over frequently -every few seconds- until the aroma is all up in your nostrils in a good way. (I have cats, so know what "a bad way" is all about.) You want the tortillas to ever so slightly begin smoking and getting brown spots on them. You can do them on an electric burner as well, but do be careful not to burn.
- Remove tortillas from flame/heat and move directly to a plate. Place the sauer kraut in a strip down the center half of the tortillas and plop the sausages on top of that. Squeeze a bit of mustard on top, wrap up like a burrito, and --
- "I see a little silhouetto of a man. Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening, ME!".
- -- I mean, ENJOY! ;o).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I cannot express enough and am in total agreement with Elisabetta47!!! Sandi from CA you are the best!! Have you ever thought of writing a cookbook? I love your small LOL s through out your recipes! I also have just stumbled on your writing and can't wait to follow your recipes:) Keep up the great work...laughter will always be the best medicine:)1Reply
I have not made this. I'm having a very bad day. But in the midst of very bad day I happened onto Sandi (from CA) and very bad day turned around as I learned and laughed my way through the reading of many of her recipes and reviews. So I'm reviewing the chef/writer/person herself. You are a 10 star my dear. And I'm going to make ALOT of your dishes :)1Reply
see 1 more