Bob's Mom's Baked Ziti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the ziti; remove from heat and drain before it is cooked al dente [approximately 7-8 minutes].
- Pour a thin layer of vodka sauce to cover the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Add 1/2 of the pasta to the baking dish.
- Cover pasta with 1/2 [or desired amount] of ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
- Add salt, pepper, and herbs if desired.
- Cover the pasta with a layer of vodka sauce.
- Add a second layer of pasta, cheese, and sauce [Hold back a small portion of mozzarella].
- Cover the sauce on top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Allow the dish to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!