Bob's Italian Sausage Sliders
photo by Bob Pope
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup fire-roasted peppers and onion (red and green)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (quartered or shredded)
- 8 sliced dinner rolls or 8 slider buns
- butter (For rolls) or liquid butter (For rolls)
- Weigh and divide the sausage into 2 ounce balls.
- Flatten into patties.
- Fry them until done.
- If cooking a large amount of them such as a party, I have baked them as one big sheet and divided into patties.
- Top individual patties with about a teaspoon of marinara sauce each.
- Place a little of the fire roasted red and green peppers and onion on the marinara sauce.
- Place the quartered sliced Mozzarella cheese on the peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Butter the sliced rolls; place on griddle or grill.
- When browned, place the patties on the rolls. And enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!