Bob's Baked Beans
photo by Bob Pope
- Ready In:
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb bacon (diced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (or more)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (capful is fine. Don't need any more than that)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (can use regular mustard)
- Dice the onion and the bacon, and cook with the hamburger until browned.
- Drain all the beans except the pork and beans and add the rest of the ingredients.
- This is a versatile recipe. It can be cooked on the stove top, in the oven (Dutch oven), a crock-pot, or can use cast iron skillet on the grill top.
- Can also add a hint of chopped bell pepper-and or a hint of BBQ sauce. If you have left over ham.
- with a little pineapple on it-throw pineapple in with it.
- You can reduce the meat to ½ pound quantities if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!