photo by Chef TraceyMae
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak bread in some milk. Squeeze until dry; reserving milk.
- Saute onions in butter.
- Add curry powder and continue to saute 1 minute.
- Add meat, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and almonds.
- Beat eggs; add half to meat mixture.
- Whisk other half into milk.
- Thoroughly mix bread into meat mixture; add stock.
- Put meat mixture into greased oven proof dish; smooth top.
- Pour egg mixture over; top with bay leaves. Bake in oven 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve with rice and chutney.
- Complete through step 10. Allow to cool. Cover with foil. Freeze.
- Thaw overnight. Bake at 350 for 15-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice and chutney.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for freezer tag challenge: This is a very interesting recipe. The flavor is very intense and if you do not like curry it is not the dish for you. The taste by itself is too much and you really need the rice and chutney to cut the intensity. I will also say, unless you have a more adventerous child than I do, this is not a child friendly dish. Overall though, my husband and I both enjoyed it very much. I don't know if I will make it again though as my daughter would not eat it. To freeze: complete through step 10. Allow to cool. Cover with foil. Freeze. To serve: thaw overnight. Bake at 350 for 15-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice and chutney. Weight Watchers: 6 pts per serving using lean ground beef and ff milk.