Blueberry Spice Sauce
Serve warm over ice cream, or a freshly baked cake or pie.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- Rinse and clean blueberries.
- If using frozen dry pack Blueberries, thaw them first.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually stir in water and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add blueberries; cook and stir until mixture comes back to a boil.
- Serve warm over ice cream or cake or frozen pies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This IS a 5 star recipe in my book! Loved the flavor the lemon and spices added to the blueberries. Very easy to fix. I used splenda in place of the sugar with very good results and had them over, #226799, cottage cheese pancakes this morning. Great meal for someone watching calories. Thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe Carla.Reply
see 5 more