Blueberry Sour Cream Kuchen Bars
I found this recipe in Cake Mix Cookies by Camilla Saulsbury. My blueberries are just arriving and I had picked 2 cups and wanted something quick and easy. When I took these to work everyone wanted the recipe. I think they taste better after chilling overnight.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream (not reduced fat)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or thawed is using frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Set aside an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl place the cake mix, softened butter, cream cheese and 1 of the eggs.
- Blend with electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes on low speed until a dough forms.
- Gather into a ball and press into ungreased pan.
- Bake crust 10 to 12 minutes until light golden.
- In a medium bowl whisk the sour cream with the sugar, cinnamon and remaining egg until smooth and blended; mix in the blueberries.
- Spread mixture over partially baked crust.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until sour cream layer is just set.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Was hoping to get to these while I could still find fresh blueberries, but they've been absent the past week or so! Switched to the frozen ones & they worked just fine! LOVED THE TASTE OF THESE BARS, although I'm already wondering how they'd taste with a bit of lemon zest added! Thanks for a great treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]Reply