Blueberry-Sour Cream Coffeecake
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- powdered sugar (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 8x8-inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, and nutmeg. Stir well to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg slightly, stir in the sour cream, milk & vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour in the liquid.
- Stir well to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Join The Conversation
This was pretty good. I don't love the texture of the cake...a little "rubbery" to me. I used wild maine blueberries which made for a more intense flavor. I also topped it with a brown sugar & oat topping then drizzled a glaze made from the blueberry juice & confectioners sugar. Dressed it up a bit. I'd make it again.