Blueberry Pie Filling Coffee Cake With Spice Topping
photo by Betty M.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (or use Crisco shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (19 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch sprinform pan (or use an 11x7 or a 13x9-inch baking dish, the pan will be full for the 11x7-inch pan).
- In a large bowl cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternatley with warm milk.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into the pan, then dollup tablespoonfuls of the pie filling all over top of the batter.
- Dollup the remaining batter on top of the pie filling (it will look very uneven, that's fine!).
- In a small bowl mix together the topping ingredients with your fingers, then sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes (for the springform pan) or until the cake tests done.
- *Note* adjust baking times for the 13x9 or the 11x7-inch baking dish, also for the 11x7-inch place a baking sheet underneath to catch any spills.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!