Blueberry Muffins With Streusel Topping Recipe
photo by Lightofhope
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add the 4 tablespoons butter and combine with a fork until the topping resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking liners in muffin pans. In a separate medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffly, about 5 minutes.
- At low speed, beat one egg at a time, then add vanilla, sour cream and milk until combined. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients at a time and beat until just combined. Carefully fold in blueberries into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans filling each cup to the top. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter. Be generous.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just had to throw away a batch of blueberry muffins! This is a horrible recipe! Why 3 eggs? That is highly unusual! They didn't rise at all! I should have stuck to my proven recipe! I will never use any recipes from Food.Com again! Cannot trust the recipes on this site!!!!<br/><br/>I had to tweet the remaining batter to get something out of my ingridenents. Had to add more of a leveling agent to get a cake out of this!! Throw this recipe in the trash!!!
Anything from Ina is good, so that's why I decided to try these first, before any others. I picked the right recipe! These were such a nice change from the same old boring toast and cereal for breakfast, and I also found my way to them again during the day. OK, so slap me silly, but I couldn't help myself! Even the dog wanted one! Next time I am going to try raspberries. MMM, can't wait!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br />I love to collect cookbooks and try new recipes. My little house is overflowing with cookbooks, thank goodness I found Recipezaar! I can collect all the recipes I want! I live in Fort Worth, Texas close to my two grown kids and four grandchildren. We love to visit Costa Rica. This is a picture of my whole family over spring break.I'm the big momma in the back. We went to Costa Rica and had such a great trip. We are now importing Costa Rica coffee. <br />I enjoy baking with my granddaughters. We like to make cookies and cupcakes. Saturday morning is reserved for cooking lessons with the kids. <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p>