This is posted in response to a request. It's my favorite blueberry muffin recipe, and can easily be made ahead and frozen! Prep time includes time to cool before serving.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries (may use frozen)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for topping)
- Cream margarine and sugar; add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately.
- Mash 1/2 cup blueberries and add to above; add rest of whole blueberries.
- Grease muffins cups; fill 1/2 full.
- Sprinkle sugar on muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes before removing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These muffins turned out really well. I used 1/2 whole wheat flour, and they were still nice and moist. They weren't sweet enough for my DH, but he's got a sweet tooth!! My kids and I thought they were great :) I made 24 mini's and 6 large, greased the pans and had no problems with sticking. The mini's took 17 minutes. We really liked these, and I will try making them with all whole wheat next time. Thanks for the yummy recipe :) :)