Blueberry Melon Salad With Thyme Syrup
I love lemon thyme and always have several plants available. This recipe makes use of the wonderful melons of summer and fresh thyme. You can make up just the syrup and drizzle it on any fruit you want, as needed, if this quantity is too large for you. The syrup keeps for about a week in the refrigerator. From Woman's Day magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lemon, peeled and juiced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, lemon thyme preferred
- 3 cups diced cantaloupe
- 3 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 3 cups diced honeydews
- 1 pint blueberries
- Syrup: bring all ingredients to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep 20 minutes. Discard peel and sprigs.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. If not using right away, refrigerate up to one week.
- Salad: Just before serving, gently toss together all the fruit.
- Drizzle about 1/3 cup of the syrup over the fruit and toss.
- Spoon into serving bowls, garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired, and serve with additional syrup on the side.