Blueberry, Lemon & White Chocolate Quick Bread
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease one 9x5 loaf pan.
- Zest the lemon, then squeeze the juice from it. (You should have approximately 4 Tablespoons of juice, which will be divided.) Set zest and juice aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat together the sugar, melted butter, 3 Tablespoons of the lemon juice, lemon zest and the eggs.
- In smaller bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half to the egg mixture and beat to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, combine and then add the rest of the flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in white chocolate & blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then gently turn out onto a platter or baking rack.
- While warm, combine the remaining lemon juice with enough powdered sugar to create a semi-thin glaze.
- Pour evenly over the bread.
- Serve warm or cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The fresh lemon and blueberries make for a moist, delicious bread. I particularly like the fact that both the lemon juice and zest are used. After tossing in some fresh raspberries and cutting the sugar down it still turned out great. I'm not sure the powdered sugar glaze is necessary since the bread itself is already plump with sweetness and lemon flavor, but if you're a lemon fanatic, it might be worth including. Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.