Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl; add milk& margarine.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed- batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take slightly cooled muffins& dunk top into lemon juice and then sugar.
- Cool completely before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I am a 38 year old married woman. I have been cooking and baking since I was 10 years old. I long ago mastered the art of making something taste good & I am now working hard at perfecting the presentation aspect of food. I took a cake decorating course nearly 3 years ago which gave me lots of great ideas."
Join The Conversation
These are delightful, and the lemon juice sugar dippin' trick is great! I mixed them slightly differently - I didn't melt the butter, just worked it in to the dry ingredients with a pastry blender, then added the wet ingredients. I also added some vanilla extract to the wet ingredients. For the most part these had pretty domes. The texture is appealingly tender, taste is light and not overly sweet. I used 1 and 1/2 c. fresh blueberries; next time I will stick with just 1 c. as the recipe specifies. Perfectly delicious!!