Blueberry Gingerbread Cake
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 11x7 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and molasses until well blended. Beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda and salt. Remove 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture, and toss with blueberries to coat.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture alternating with the buttermilk, mixing after each addition. Carefully stir in blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle optional sugar over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Gingerbread is one of my favorite breads/desserts. The addition of the fresh blueberries really gives it a nice tart addition to the warm spices and molasses. This was really easy to make and it will be a nice breakfast treat for the weekend; not to mention, a good afternoon snack! Thanks for the post.