Blueberry and Raspberry Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Thaw the raspberries sufficiently to separate easily.
- Combine in a medium bowl with the blueberries.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Toss gently into the berries.
- Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out just over half of the pastry and fit into an 8" pie plate.
- Spoon in the fruit mixture.
- Roll out the remaining pastry.
- Moisten the rim of the bottom crust with cold water.
- Top with the remaining pastry.
- Seal, trim and flute the edges.
- Cut a steam vent in the centre.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the rim is lightly golden.
- Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and bake 30 to 35 minutes longer, or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>