Blueberry and Fig Jam-Low or No Sugar
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
10-11 1/2 pint jars
- Mix the dry pectin with about 1/2 cup of sugar or other sweetener.
- Place the blueberries and figs in a heavy non reactive pot with the pectin mixture and cook to a full boil. Stirring often. Add the remaining sugar and bring to a hard boil for 3 minutes. Stir in grand marnier off the flame if using.
- Fill the jars to 1/4 inch head space. wipe any spilled jam off the top, seat the lid and tighten the ring around them.
- Place the boiling water canner covered by at least 2 inch of hot water and process for 5 minutes. Shut off flame, uncover and leave for 5 more minutes. Remove to a draft free spot and cool for 12-24 hours.
- Check for sealing and store out of direct light for 1 year.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!