Blue Potato Oven Fries
I found these great blue potatoes in my local farmers' market. They were so pretty that I wanted to showcase them in a simple way; hence, this delightful yet simple recipe! You can substitute any potato really. I think fingerlings or reds would be just as good.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs potatoes (blue, red, or fingerlings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon course ground salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2" wedges. Drop in cold water and soak 45 - 60 minutes.
- Thouroughly drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss potatoes with oil and salt and pepper.
- Place in shallow baking pan and bake 20 minutes; stir and cook an additional 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
These were good, but for me needed more seasoning; next time I would add garlic and some herbs. I used russet potatoes, as our market doesn't have and blues. I was interested to see what difference soaking the potatoes would have as I make similar recipes frequently, but I really didn't see any , so would save time and skip this step. Be careful to slice the potatoes as evenly as possible, I had a couple that were thinner then the rest and didn't pull them out fast enough to keep from overcooking. Made for PAC Fall 09