Blue Mountain Coffee Rum Poached Pears
- Ready In:
- Place the coffee in a pan large enough to hold the pears snugly with the sugar and cinnamon and heat gently.
- Carefully peel the pears, leaving the stalks intact.
- Poach in the sweetened coffee for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the rum and allow the pears to cool in the coffee mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Toserve, place the pear in a pretty, shallow glass dish or bowl and spoon over the coffee syrup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I'm not quite sure how to rate this, as five stars doesn't seem to be enough! Let me just say that I just observed the DH doing something he NEVER does... Caught him standing by the stove, spooning up the left over sauce and groaning "this is soooo gooooood"! Followed the instructions exactly, except had to use dark sugar cones (dulce de tapa or piloncillo) because brown sugar isn't available here. Thank you so much for posting! PS: it looks much better in person - as the pears were not terribly photogenic. Or maybe it was just my photography skills, LOL!