photo by MadiePattie
- Ready In:
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (Splenda is fine)
- 6 lemons, juice and zest of (the skin only, not the white part, which is bitter)
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Heat 2 cups of water with sugar, until sugar dissolves.
- Continue to heat for 5 minutes or so until it starts to thicken up.
- Add the rest of the water, zest and juice.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Put the blueberries in a blender and puree.
- Stir berries into the lemonade and let sit for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Strain lemonade and chill before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.