Blue Crab Dip Like Joe's Crab Shack
A must make, extremely addictive and hard to stop eating. This is requested often.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple juice or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon diced roma tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon liquid crab boil seasoning
- 2 dashes ground mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Fold all ingredients together except 1 T Parmesan cheese.
- spread evenly into oven proof baking dish.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and broil till top is slightly browned.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve with Tortilla chips or toasted sourdough baguettes.
- For a little more zing we add extra (about another 1 t) crab boil, be careful--it can add quite a kick!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is one of the best crab dip recipes that I have made. I doubled the recipe left out the green onions and added garlic powder. It was gone within 10 mins. I also didn't put it in the microwave. Just put in the oven at 450 for about 15 mins and then took it out mixed it up and toped with parmesan cheese and broiled for about 3 mins. Turned out just fine. Will be making this every occassion!!!!1Reply
This was good. I left out the bell peppers and hot sauce since I do not care for them. I added some garlic powder. I thought it was good but a bit bland, guessing because I left out the hot sauce. I will make this again and add some more seasoning to help with what I left out. This was also quick and easy which I like very much. I served it with Garlic and Plain bagel chips. :)2Reply
see 16 more