Blue Cheese Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled blue cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- Boil or steam potatoes until tender, peel and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl toss the still warm potatoes with wine, salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix with potatoes.
Join The Conversation
Fantastic! I do feel it calls for some chill time, though. I will admit I was a bit disappointed right after I mixed it up and tasted to adjust seasonings--even though I love every ingredient included, it just tasted a bit too sharp. Fortunately, I had made it earlier in the day and by the time I served it, the flavors had melded and mellowed and it was just fabulous. I used Chardonnay for the wine and Gorgonzola as the bleu cheese. My husband wanted to make sure I passed along his kudos as well--he just loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!