Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onion Squares
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe comes from Bon Appetit. Sweet caramelized onions and pungent blue cheese make a good pair in the simply but elegant appetizer. I have served this many times and everyone loves it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl to blend. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
- Whisk milk,olive oil and melted butter in liquid measuring cup to blend.
- Slowly pour milk mixture into well in dry ingredients, stirring until just blended and smooth.
- Roll out dough on lightly flour surface to 10x13 rectangle.
- Transfer dough to rimmed baking sheet. Re-form dough to fit pan. Pierce dough allover with fork.
- Let dough rest while preparing topping.
- Melt butter with oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add onions and cook until onions are soft and begin to brown,stirring frequently , about 10 minutes.
- Add rosemary, sugar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium and continue to cook until onion are soft and dark brown, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Spread onion mixture evenly over dough.
- Sprinkler with cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Let Cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION