Bloomin' Brie Bread
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
1 Blooming brie
- 1 boule
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 ounces brie round, top rind removed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Slice off the top quarter of the bread. Place the wheel of brie on top of the bread and use a paring knife to trace around it. Scoop out the inner circle of bread. Brush the olive oil mixture on the inside of the bread. Carefully, cut down around the edges of the bread to create the slices that people will tear after baking.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup mozzarella, place the brie on top, then sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella. Place the bread top on top of the cheese and bake until the cheese has melted and the bread is toasty, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"