Bloody Halloween Cake
photo by SweetSueAl
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 3 ounces chocolate instant pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) container of cool whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix or 6 ounces cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 cup gummy worms
For Blood Glaze
- 2 ounces red decorating gel
- Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and chocolate instant pudding. Bake according to directions on box.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature. Hand-mix whipped topping, sweetened condensed milk, 2 3oz puddings, marshmallow fluff and red food coloring.
- If it needs more liquid add 1 tbsp of regular milk until you reach your preferred frosting consistency. Add the worms and frost the cake.
- Drizzle with the gel.
- Happy Halloween!
- Tip: Omit the worms and add heart confettis for valentine's Day!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this cake with my Grandson. He had a blast making it. He's 7 and really interested in cooking. I didn't have a red velvet cake mix (had gummy worms, though, lol). I used Recipe #24561, Easy Red Velvet Cake. The cake looked great and celebrated the Halloween season. Unfortunately, my grandson did not care for it. I think it was the gummy worms in the frosting. If I make this again, I will put the gummies on top so he or the other kids can pick them off. Thanks for giving me and my grandson a fun afternoon, Kitty Kat. :-) Sue
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a young cook and as a child I was always watching cooking shows. My favorite thing to do was to pretend I was hosting a show behind the breakfast bar, lol, but I love the cooking, love the food. I am very eager to try new recipes, and that's why I am here! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />Visit my shop by clicking the provided link to access a variety of Dominican products!</p>