Blackened Sirloin With Tex-Mex Butter
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Charred outside, moist and juicy inside.
- Ready In:
- 6 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, 1 1/2 in thick
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons blackened steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons oil
- In small bowl, combine first 6 ing.
- Place in refrigerater.
- Brush the 1 T melted butter on steak.
- Rub blackened seasoning on each side of steak.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Cut steak into 4 pieces.
- Preheat a heavy saucepan to very hot.
- Add the oil.
- Add steak and cook on med-hi for 6-8 minutes, to desired doneness.
- Serve steak with a ball of Tex-Mex butter on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm not rating this because I may have done something wrong. I used Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Steak Magic and was not happy at all. Maybe someone could suggest a better black steak seasoning. I also doubled the Tex-Mex butter thinking the amount given wouldn't be enough, but it was actually plenty. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly.Reply