MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The following recipe, which took second place in The News Tribune's blackberry contest, is from Don Senecal, Ruston, Wa. The cooking time is chilling time. Sounds yummy.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 12 french-style ladyfinger cookies
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brandy extract
- 6 almond macaroons, crushed
- 8 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 4 cups whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, slivered
- Mix flour and sugar and stir gently through berries.
- Warm slightly.
- Arrange bottom halves of ladyfingers in single layer in bottom of a 9x9-inch pan.
- Spread with blackberry mixture.
- Place second layer of ladyfingers on top.
- Mix orange juice and brandy extract.
- Pour over ladyfingers.
- Hand-crush macaroons and sprinkle over top.
- Cover with pudding.
- Allow to chill and set for 1 hour.
- Spread whipped topping over pudding.
- Decorate with toasted almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION