MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from Edible Upcountry magazine. I make this every year when blackberries are in season.
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 20mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs blackberries or 7 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons limoncello or 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Stir sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil 1 minute. Transfer syrup to large bowl. Chill until cold, about 3 hours.
- Puree blackberries with juices and cold syrup to taste in blender until smooth. Strain through fine-meshed sieve into another large bowl; discard seeds. Stir in lemon juice or Limoncello. (The addition of a little alcohol keeps the sorbet's texture scoopable in the freezer.).
- Process berry mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer sorbet to container; cover and freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
- Cane be made 1 week ahead.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION