Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert
photo by Kathryn Z.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups blackberries
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- Melt butter and mix with flour and press into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then cool.
- Mix cream cheese,powdered sugar & milk together and pour over crust.
- Mix sugar,water,blackberries & cornstarch in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes(or until beginning to set up) then set aside to cool.
- Pour cooled blackberry topping over cream cheese layer, top with whipped topping, refrigerate a few hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this recipe several times now - and everyone LOVES it! It's my go-to dessert for potlucks and BBQ's, as well as the most requested for birthdays and special occasions. We personally prefer more cream cheese/no-bake cheesecake, so I use 2 blocks of cream cheese, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp Vanilla extract and juice of one lemon (room temp) for that layer. Someone thought this was too much cornstarch, but you need that much cornstarch so the blackberries set up firm when you cut it. I also have used a mixture of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries that I puree together with amazing results! For me homemade whipped cream is the way to go and puts the best finish on this irresistible dessert!
This is a wonderful recipe- a hidden gem indeed! (Thanks Debbwl for your review which made me want to make this!) I had exactly 4 cups of blackberries to use and this recipe fit the bill perfectly. I followed the recipe precisely, and I was not disappointed. It is a perfect balance of sweet, tart and delicious. Thank you so much for posting your recipe. I know this will be one that I make every blackberry season for years to come!
see 3 more reviews